Friday, July 3, 2009

What's new



Meagan and Mark update:
Here is what is new in our family. I went back to work coaching gymnastics at All-American. Then, only a few weeks into it another opportunity presented itself at another gym as the director of the girls team program. After much debate and in spite of not wanting to be a traitor, I decided to take the new job. I hope there are no hard feelings. It has been awesome so far. I love developing my own team. It is a growing gym w/out high levels (the highest being 7), so it is a wonderful opportunity for me to grow and develop the program and myself. It is a blessing that I am able to get 30 hours a week coaching, especially since Mark is starting grad school soon. He is going back to school to become a..........Librarian:). He actually wants to be on the computer systems side of librarianship, digitizing and organizing information. His program is at the University of Illinois- Urbana/Champaign. It is mostly an online program but will go to campus once a semester for a few days. He starts in a couple of weeks with a 10 day class at the University. The rest of us are not going so please pray for Mark to not get lost and especially pray for me to make it through with out him. (He helps a lot around here) It will be tough for both of us but we will be rewarded immedietly after with a trip to Mexico with my side of the family to forget all our cares. I can't wait.
Tai update:
I think she might be over her outragous moodiness. She has calmed down a lot in the last month or so. She is now a "good girl" more than not. She is still very independent. She loves to play outside in the sprinklers, garden (oh yah, we attempted our first garden), and with her friend Valeria from downstairs. She finally learned how to ride a bike with training wheels. She is an angel (behavior) at church and with the babysitter no doubt because she is shy. She can read and more impressively write. (small words, phonics style)
Tag update:
I am not liking his hair lately so tomorrow I will cut it like a normal boy cut. He just got over Roseola (something like that) and his rash is almost gone. He sure looked miserable a few days ago poor guy. He is an expert roller, a less experienced eater and a no experience bottle drinker. It has been a struggle with me working and having to rush home to nurse him. He has crawled a few times and frequently gets up on all fours. He still gets along well with Tai and prefers her over anyone. He gets the most excited when he sees the catepiller at the begining of Baby Einstein. It is so cute to see him kick his thunderous legs so hard. Mark said he rewound that part 20 times and Tag got excited every time.
In other news: I lost 25 pounds in 2 months AND found my first gray hair!
So now you know too much information.

7 comments:

LSWright said...

Congrats! That is all so exciting! Good luck with the 10 days...you guys will be in our prayers! Cant wait to see you in viva la mexico!

Anonymous said...

25 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS??!!! HOW? You look great!

Mikelle said...

Yeah, I need to know how to lose that much weight....could I do it before Mexico, haha? Yes, please cut Tag's hair. I can't believe how old he is, and can't wait to see all of you in Mexico.

Mikelle said...

Oh yeah, I got my hair cut and colored this week, and she found a gray hair! What the heck, I'm only 25!

Sky said...

sorry to hear about the gray hair, i do a regular inspection daily with my morning routine and luckily have not found one yet.

meg said...

I had a lot to lose! 6 small meals a day...basically cutting out all sugar including fruit and carbs (bread/rice etc). Pretty much eating greens and a bit of lean meat. It was hard! (especially after eating non stop junk for the last ten years, yet not too bad when you see the scale move down...

Anonymous said...

What a cool job for Mark. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Salt Lake online library system. It is so fantastic and it gives me warm fuzzies every time I peruse it and put books on hold. People will be very grateful for his job, whatever area of the library it is in. Good luck manning the house alone for a while!

Congrats on your new job too. That is great news. I hear that All American has had quite the change in coaching this summer! Wow!

Hope all is well...