Monday, September 21, 2009

Possessed?

We just experienced the most horrible, horrible night. We were rudely awakened at 3:00am by a whining, yelling and I should mention almost 4 year old girl. I won't go into the details but I will just say what followed was 1 and a half hours of non-stop devilish screaming and thrashing. I am not exaggerating--non-stop, 1.5 hours. She was relentless. Just as I was concluding she truly must be possessed by an evil spirit. As she was taking a breath, I was able to sneak in, "How about we go see if the pigs are sleeping?" (yesterday we had stopped off on the side of the road to look at some pigs) She finally stopped. Just like that. If she was able to control her screaming I guess she wasn't posssessed after all. Or maybe the evil spirit she possessed calmed down in looking forward to joining the swine. In retrospect even she doesn't know why she acted like that. As I am writing this Tai is a sweet, polite angel. I don't get it? This happens at night about once every 6 months.


2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Scary. It is so hard to calm them down sometimes. I think I would go crazy after 1.5 hours. I can't even handle 5 minutes.

Can you email me your new address? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Have you researched night terrors? My cousin's little girl used to get them, and she described it like someone was stabbing her or something. Her doctor said that you just have to hold them and let them get through it... don't try to wake them up or reason with them. Eventually, they go away. Hope you get it figured out.