Sunday, April 12, 2015

Questival!

We had a fun Saturday patterned after a race/scavenger hunt/competition called Questival. It is held in several cities throughout the US and the winner from each city get to compete for the world championship in Central America.  We of course did not officially enter the race but pretended.  You are presented with a list of Quests from different catagories like Hikes, Adventure, Service, Quirky each quest to worth certain points.  So here is what we did and boy was I wiped out by the end of the day we couldn't even finish what we planned to do because I was so tired.

First we climbed the "G".  The mountain next to Pleasant Grove.  I thought it would be a 20 minute walk with maybe a mild incline.  No.  It took us an hour and a half and it was steep and I was out of breath a lot!  I never did like hiking.  It was fun however bringing the kids and all of them are great hikers!  Even Truman made it to the top.  I'm glad Mark and the baby stayed home, he never would have made it.




Then we headed back home for lunch and I had the kids clean the backyard for some "service".  One of the quests was to eat from a street vendor and do a handstand in a public place.

This was a delicious waffle from a street vendor.  So yummy.

Then we headed to the Utah Lake about a 5 minute drive and decided to rent a small boat.  This was hilarious.  I wish I had the whole scene on video.  The quest was cross a body of water.  So we all got life jackets on and carefully entered the boat.  Mark was very cautious as he was worried of tipping the whole thing over and there goes his 5 little kids into the water.  So that took a while.  Meanwhile Thomas was screaming not appreciating the restricting life jacket.  But what could I do, I had to row.  I finally couldn't take the crying so Mark and I painstakingly switched places so he could row.  2 words.  Learning Curve.  For some reason we were drifting the opposite way were trying to row.  I had the thought we might never get back to the dock.  So, again we painstakingly switched and I rowed us back to safety.  It was actually really fun.
Tai completed another quest by "jumping into a body of water with your clothes on".


Then we headed home and took a 3 generation photo for another quest.





By this time I was exhausted.  We had planned on taking the frontrunner to Provo to do a few things, Biking Bridal Veil Falls and making a campfire and tinfoil dinners.  But ended up just making hamburgers for dinner then I crashed.  We will have to do the other stuff another time.

It was a very fun filled day!


Egg Hunt video:
from last Saturday.
We had a wonderful Easter and watched The Bible and it was wonderful.

2 comments:

LSWright said...

YAY! I love when you update us! What a day! Miss you guys!

Mikelle said...

Sounds like fun. And everything takes fives times as long as is more exhausting when you have 5 kids in tow! I'm impressed you did all of that in one day.