Monday, April 14, 2008

Tribute to COLD SORES !!


To all of us who get cold sores... this one's for you. It all started last Saturday night while reading the Ensign...tingle, tingle... what was that? Did I just feel my lip tingle? Nah, it couldn't be, it was too insignificant to really be the beginnings of a cold sore, I said to myself. But what if it is? Nah, I don't think so. A lesson I have learned over and over: IT IS A COLD SORE, stupid!! Believe that insignificant tingle, danget. I went to sleep and that was it. Too late for preventitive measures...nothing can stop it now. Sure enough, the next morning, BOOM, it was there, and it was about to make its statement to the world. Prideful cold sores just got to show off don't they.


This particular cold sore was rather mild however. It lasted about a week, with the growing phase only a day and a 1/2. The picture shows it exactly one week after I first felt the tingle.
I was lucky. Could have been worse, much worse. Like the time I was 11 and on our way back from a vacation in Utah. I got 5 monsterous ones on my top lip and 4 huge ones on my bottom lip... all at the same time. You know, the kind that swell up and get hard. That was the worst time of my life I think, walking out into public as this hideous thing and everyone just kind looks away real quick... too grotesque to stare. I wish I had a picture of that. And of course my mom downplays it like it is no big deal...just put on some carmex. My theory has been Carmex is what gives me cold sores in the first place!! Only later did I realize I was contaminating every Carmex I bought, so if ever used it with out having a cold sore, my contaminated Carmex would give me cold sores every time.


So, to all of you who do not get cold sores. You just don't understand what our little cold sore family goes through! We still love you... but you will just never understand :)

9 comments:

Mikelle said...

HAHAHAHA! I feel your pain, you know that! What is up with our family and all the coldsores? I don't want to jinx myself, but I really don't get coldsores anymore. Hallelujah! But I shouldn't get prideful. We all know that just by talking about coldsores we are in danger of getting one!

Anonymous said...

You BLOG??? Why did I not know this until now! Yes, come and visit...call me 4808020861!

Luke & Shawnie said...

ugh cold sores are the worst! just reading this makes my lips tingle!

Anonymous said...

LUKE is MARRIED??? Isn't he like 4 years old?

Luke & Shawnie said...

just so you know, I commented on your blog 3 days ago and woke up with a COLD SORE TODAY!!!!

Mikelle said...

update your blog with your new news, please!

so, are you feeling better yet?

Marie said...

I am currently suffering a nasty one. I have gotten them since I was a baby. I am not working today because of it. I just want to hide from the world until it goes away!!!

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

Very nicely, briefly, deeply explained about cold sore. Some funny and some painfully. But in this article some cold sores remedies are also added that must be great.

Herstads-North said...

If you eat a low carbohydrate diet you will never get cold sores again. Wish I would have known this as a kid. High carbohydrates weaken our immune systems (even whole grain carbs). If you keep it at under 100 grams of carbs a day, then you should be fine. Don't believe me? Try it and see.

-Becky H.