Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Futbol

Cristiano Ronaldo
Tag's perspective

Today Tag and I were able to enjoy some of a futbol game: Manchester United against Arsenal (on TV). It just so happens Tag had on soccer socks so I had to take a picture and of course that picture led to this post. Anyway, people say that Cristiano Ronoldo is the best player in the world. I have to give a whole hearted YES to that one. Before I even knew who was playing as I flipped to ESPN 2 and saw players running around, one caught my eye with the most incredible moves and finesse like I've never seen in a soccer player. I said to myself- that has got to be Ronaldo, if not, whoever that player is- he will be my number one favorite player. Then 10 seconds later I saw him up close and sure enough-- it was him. If you don't like soccer- watch Ronaldo for a few and you will be a fan. Whether that be a fan of soccer or of Cristiano I don't know but it probably depends on your gender :)
Side note: I do feel a twinge of pride because Ronaldo is from Portugal and like most of you know I served a mission in Portugal. So he is more mine than yours :) (except for Luke- we take equal ownership, although Luke does probably deserve a little more than me say 60% since he was in Portugal during the last world cup (when Portugal was in the semi finals) and has a Ronaldo jersey...

1 comment:

Sky said...

You should have seen the highlights last night (Tues.) on ESPN of Ronaldo. He had two amazing goals. On one he sprinted past Englands Wayne Rooney for a goal. I used to think Rooney was the fastest player in the world. Not any more.