Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh no, here comes the snow!

Poor Tai begged us to make a snowman and this is the result. It is the best one we have ever made. HA, HA true.


It was delayed a little this year, but we had our first big snow yesterday. I spent any free moment shoveling the snow off the driveway and sidewalks because I learned a big lesson last year. I didn't see what the big deal was in shoveling the snow, but I learned that if you don't, it gets packed down from driving and walking on it and then it gets slippery and it stays there forever because it takes so long to melt. Being from Arizona I had no idea. Go ahead and laugh at my idiocy (if that is a word). The lesson I learned this year is that shoveling snow is hard work, especially if your driveway is falling apart and not a smooth surface and if your shovel is too short. I don't even know if it is a snow shovel. We just found it.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Haha. Hallie doesn't know about snowmen yet...the longer she goes, the better for me!! But, Wes LIKES to do stuff like that with her...he wouldn't mind.

m e a d o w said...

I, too, just learned the hard way about shoveling last year. If you wait it is almost impossible. I haven't learned about salt yet though. Just another thing to buy. Funny post.