Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The weirdest thing...

I had the weirdest experience the other day. You see, we are trying to find renters for our basement apartment. Upon advertising I got several responses via email. One of the names looked familiar and I thought I might have known him. So I googled his name to see if it was the person I was thinking of. Well, I came across his blog and it ended up not being who I thought. This prospective tenant was set to come see our place in the next few hours. I decided to look through the blog to get to know them better (the ultimate background check) I did feel weird snooping, but hey, it was an open blog and an interesting one too. So, I spent the next little while reading about all their fascinating adventures and personalities and what they ate last week, and their thoughts on this and that. Well anyway, this couple shows up and I open the door, and there they were-- those familiar faces that I had come to know so well over the last 1/2 hour. We had become friends now......and they had no idea! And then I didn't know how to act because I had this secret and I had to pretend everything was normal. So, I overcompensated and was kind of unfriendly. Anyway, I laugh thinking about it. But it is probably not that funny or weird unless it actually happens to you. So, all of us with open blogs--watch out, you never know who is reading it!

1 comment:

m e a d o w said...

ha ha, that is awesome. You're a blog stalker!