Monday, March 9, 2009

Hidden Treasures

Look what I found! How many times did I look at this refridgerator magnet growing up? It is one of those things I didn't even know it was there but once I saw it again years later WOW it is sooooooo familiar.



About 6 months ago my parents moved to a new house. They were getting rid of their living room couches that were 30 years old but in incredible condition for being that old. I asked my mom if I could have them and thanks to their great neighbors they were delivered up on their next trip to utah. How could I let those couches go to someone who would never treasure them like I would? I was able to take a peice of that house with me. All of us kids were devestated about them moving and our childhood being ripped out from us. (except for Isaac who was more than excited to get the whole basement of the new house-practically a house in and of itself). Anyway, I was glad to see the familiar Japanese pattern of birds and flowers that is probably quite weird to everyone but our family. They look ridiculous or as my brothers would say "redunkulous" in our house but oh, the memories, and oh the comfort. I have never sat on a more deceivingly comfortable couch. Well, the other day Mark and Tai had a wonderful time digging deep into the cracks of that old couch and were able to find some great treasures from back in the day including pens, pencils, papers, money and... "Nurses are patient people".
Mom- Today Tai said, "I want to be a nurse when I grow up, I am going to be a nurse and a woman". She's going to make you proud!



1 comment:

Mikelle said...

Haha. I'm glad you like the chouches. No way was I taking them! I remember that magnet too...now I'm thinking I should have taken a "piece" of the old house too.