Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tribute to a sister

Happy, Happy Birthday Mikelle dear, happy days will come to you all year, if I had one wish that it would be a happy, happy birthday to you from me.

My sister Mikelle is turning 25 (I believe) today. I will give 3 memories of her.

1. The infamous "door" incident. When she was a young kid she forgot to close the back door one time but claims that she did close it. It was such a stupid argument but we still argue about it to this day for I know that she left it open!

2. Mikelle used to get car sick easily. One time she was sitting behind me in the suburban on a trip. She started to barf and tried to catch it in her blanket but instead it bounced off the blanket onto me.

3. Mikelle was quite sensitive about things when she was little and being the loving siblings that we were we nicknamed her SF, (sensitive feelings). She was quite "sensitive" about that nickname. Now, however she is the furthest thing from "SF". I love how she is so "tough" and lets things roll off her back.

Mikelle I hope I didn't embarrass you! I think you are so awesome and admire you so much. You are a wonderful mother and sister and just a really good person. One of my favorite things about Mikelle is that "look" she gets when she is all serious about winning an argument-- I love that. :)

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Thanks Meagan. I didn't see this until today.

I think maybe the "SF" thing was a blessing in disguise. Things don't bother me (much) like they did when I was a kid.

Sky said...

What a trip back down to memory lane! Those are 3 monumental memories! I have to say that I was involved in all 3 and that I also got a piece of that barf on that fateful afternoon when we traveled to oak creek canyon. Two more memories about mikelle is her famous magic elbow, which provided her power over me, and the little song I used to sing when she was watching tv, but I wanted to : "The Phoenix Suns, Im so Kelle, na na na na na na na na na na na na na" ok maybe that does not go so well via text message. Anyway, I agree with Meg in that she has definitely shed her image of SF.